The Department is located in Novara.
There are two premises:
- largo Donegani 2/3: teaching and research activity is held here; it is also the location of the Student Services Office and other administrative offices
- via Bovio 6: this modern building designed by architect Renzo Piano houses most of the research laboratories
They are near to each other and easily reached:
- on foot: 10 minutes from the train station (subway exit to via Leonardo da Vinci) and from the coach station of largo Pastore (flyover steps Porta Milano)
- by bus: 5 minutes from the train station (exit piazza Garibaldi, bus stop 001) with bus no. 4 direction Galliate - Romentino (bus stop 212). More information on bus routes and timetables is available from the website of SUN of Novara.
- by car: Novara is on the autostrada Torino-Milano, the A4. Take the exit for Novara Est. (GPS coordinates: 45° 25' 58.65'' N, 8° 38' 18.08'' E) Autostrada A4 (Torino-Milano) - exit Novara Est
Map and contact details
Teaching, research and administration premises, largo Donegani 2/3
Classrooms, teaching laboratories, teachers’ offices, management, administrative offices and library.
Reception: 0321.375602, fax 0321.375621
Opening hours: Monday - Friday 8am – 6pm
Research Laboratories, via Bovio 6
Research Laboratories and teachers’ offices.
Reception: 0321.375802, fax 0321.375821
Opening hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm
Study rooms, lecture halls and laboratories
The study rooms and lecture halls, all multimedia-equipped, are located in largo Donegani 2/3.
Specifically, there are:
- 4 lecture halls with 110 seats
- 6 lecture halls with 52 seats
- 2 lecture halls with 30 seats
- 3 study rooms with a total of 168 seats.
The laboratories are the heart and soul of education in a scientific department. This is where teaching and the fundamental theories of research measure up against experimentation and empirical testing.
The research laboratories, all equipped with cutting edge tools and instruments, are located at the premises of largo Donegani 2/3 and via Bovio 6, just a few dozen metres away.
For more information, visit the section Laboratory Services
Inside the Department you will find many areas used for study, research and teaching. Specifically:
- the library, with exam preparation books recommended by the teachers; IT stations for access to databanks, e-journals and e-books; and two comfortable reading rooms
- two IT classrooms and a language laboratory
- a large multimedia auditorium with 250 seats for conferences and the discussion of theses
- a seminar room and a meeting room.